Thursday, November 6, 2008

Things Get Lost

A couple snippets of conversation with the Grimmlet in the car on the way to school after a trip to the doctor's office to get a flu shot. (A trip that consisted of kicking and screaming in the waiting room culminating in me carrying the unwilling Grimmlet into the hall. Therein she demanded to be released to walk by herself, which she managed to do. However, once in the examination room she resumed kicking and screaming and, at one point, took a swipe at the nurse. Her pediatrician, who is usually able to calm her very easily, had to be summoned to physically restrain her to allow the nurse to give her the shot.)

Grimmlet: Daddy, I think you should stop for a treat to reward me for being so good at the doctor's.
Me: ...

And later:

Grimmlet: Daddy, I'm hungry!
Me: What happened to all that food you ate for breakfast?
Grimmlet: It got lost in my tummy.
Me: (Trying not to cause an accident while laughing.)
Grimmlet: What's so funny?

3 comments:

The Taco Prophet said...

I have a lot of those "because I was so good" exchanges with the kids. They typically end with me asking, "Have you lost your damn mind?"

kr4ster said...

ditto

suyapi said...

Um, woo kids?