Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Long, Long Ago

File this under possible reasons to not read Laura Ingals Wilder books to a five year old.

Me (Reading): Mewwy Chwistmas! Mewwy Chwistmas!
Grimmlet: Grace can talk now!
Me: Yes, she's getting older.
Grimmlet: Is she alive?
Me: Do you mean in real life? No, not anymore. She died a long, long time ago.
Grimmlet: I miss her.
...
Grimmlet: Do you remember the time you were reading and I was crying and you didn't know I was crying?
Me: Um... Not specifically, no.
Grimmlet: I miss them all.

4 comments:

The Taco Prophet said...

Your daughter has reached dangerous levels of adorableness. She may destroy us all.

Grimmstail said...

I should probably stop coaching her on cuteness techniques then, shouldn't I? We've been working on increasing the size of her eyes. It is surprising how much cuteness you can get with a relatively minor increase in eye and pupil diameter.

Unknown said...

You put big cute eyes in the right light and you can kill a small mob of unprotected people.

Grimmstail said...

So some sort of magnifying lens is definitely in order. To focus the destructive powers. I'm in the market for methods of killing large mobs of unprotected people. Also any idea what kind of range we're talking about? I want to be able to hit any mobs outside the gates of my castle.