Friday, November 14, 2008

Holy Freakin' Cow

I'm going to have to go back and read P.K. Dick's DADOES. I just saw the final cut version of Bladerunner and I am just totally blown away. And the weird thing is that I am sure I have seen it before (original or extra crispy cut) but I have almost no memory of it. (And no real positive memories, certainly.) Is this one of the5 movies that is as good as the book on which it is based? And what are the other four? I need to know these things, people!

Also, it turns out that the cow used in the title of this post was totally not a real cow. Getting a real cow apparently would have blown the budget.

4 comments:

kr4ster said...

I enjoyed both the movie and the book. This is one of those situations where I tell myself that they're based on the same core idea, but are two completely different works.

kr4ster said...

Oh, yeah, and speaking of cows: in another of my favourite movies, Apocalypse Now, during the scene towards the end when the natives kill a cow -- they are actually killing a real cow. The movie got a lot of criticism for that scene.

suyapi said...

But was it a fuzzy cow? They have those in Iowa.

Grimmstail said...

I do not know if it was fuzzy. All I know is that it was manufactured and somebody had put several holes in it.