Monday, December 3, 2007

Like Spider-Man

Kids are pretty amazing. It was recently pointed out to me that they have nothing better to do that observe and record all that they see and hear and then bring up relevant (sometimes inopportune) information when you least expect it.

Tonight as I was putting the Grimmlet to bed I made some comment about drinking a beer. (Unfortunately I cannot remember the thrust of the statement.) She pipes up with "Daddy, you don't drink beer!" Then after a moment of thought, "You drink coffee. Lots of coffee." Apparently my every other week coffee shop trip may become cause for an intervention one of these days...

But I cannot, for the life of me, remember when I have ever mentioned (in front of her) that I don't drink beer.

1 comment:

suyapi said...

What would Juan Valdez do?