Friday, September 5, 2008

Character

I have decided (for about the, oh, 8th time) that I am going to wear a costume to next years DragonCon. However, unlike every other year when I have made this decision I have actually done something about it. (I'm as surprised as you are. I'll try not to let this go to my head.)

To the end of creating an ultra-cool Steam-punk costume for next year I have ordered...wait for it...welders goggles! Not to actually do any welding, of course. But as requisite Steam-punk wear. (OK, inside joke with Kr4ster...) Anyhow, I have not been able to find any of the much cooler lenses that some people sported at the con, so goggles it will be until then.

And modding the goggles will give me some practice in making things look steamy anyhow. So it will be helpful for the rest of the costume. Next step, vest, pants, shirt, pocket-watch! Pocket-watch? To the consignment stores to see what I can find! (Because ordering that stuff online is seriously expensive. I checked.)

4 comments:

kr4ster said...

Bah, I still argue that goggles aren't a requirement.. just window-dressing!

kr4ster said...

Oh, and checking e-bay, there are quite a few pocket watches for not too much money

Grimmstail said...

Let me know if you find a source for those rotating lens things, btw. I hunted for a bit but came up with exactly bupkis.

suyapi said...

Bupkis is hard to get exact.